Last updated: March 2023
The company operates a service that allows users (“user”, “users”) to search, find, and book travel experiences worldwide. In this Policy, these are collectively referred to as the Services offered.
The Services are owned and operated by Ilmioviaggio Inc. By using the Services and visiting the company’s websites, as well as related applications, through a computer, phone, tablet or similar device (collectively, the “Device”), the user agrees to the practices described below.
As a global company, the company operates in countries and territories with different laws and customs. This Policy provides a general overview of the practices applied by the company regarding privacy.
The data controller is Ilmioviaggio Inc., 235 W 56 Street, suite 21D, New York NY 10019, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and will process data according to the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency, purpose limitation and storage, minimization, accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Information Collected
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Information Preferences
- Information Security
- Information Retention
- Children Under 16
- General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement (“GDPR Statement”)
- Our Rights and Who to Contact
1. Collected Information
When accessing or using the Services offered, the Company collects information from and about users in order to provide a more personalized and relevant experience. Some information is collected automatically by the Company, while other information is collected from various sources, including affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources. When using the Company’s services through redirection from other third-party sites or when visiting third-party sites through the Services offered, such third-party sites may share information with the Company regarding their use of their own services. The collected information includes:
- Contact information, including name, phone number, postal and email address
- Billing or payment information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, verification code and billing address)
- Username and password
- Photos, reviews, social media posts and videos provided to the Company if applicable
- Geolocation information
- Device-related information such as access to offered Services and device-related information used (for example IP address, software or internet browser used preferred languages UDI – unique device identifier – advertising ID)
- Online activity including visited pages viewed content and applications used
- Booking history
- Travel plans and personal preferences.
Where information has been provided about other travelers, including their email address and other travel-related information, the Company is authorized to collect such data. If information about other individuals is shared with the Company, ensure that you have their consent.
In addition to the cases listed above, the Company may collect location information if your Device has been configured to send such information in privacy settings or if photos with tags containing location information have been uploaded, for example. The Company may use location information directly and/or share it with third parties. The Company collects and shares location information in order to provide relevant content, analyze usage of offered services, improve them and provide contextual advertising or suggestions. Location data allows the company among other things to show reviews on nearby hotels, restaurants or attractions during travel.
You can change your Device’s privacy settings at any time and therefore disable collection and sharing of location information and/or tagging of photos with location information. However disabling sharing of location Information could limit some features’ use. For questions regarding device privacy settings please contact manufacturer or mobile service provider.
Information about cookie usage as well as preferences related to these technologies are available in the Cookie section below.
2. Use of Information
The Company is committed to providing relevant content on the Services offered and to comply with privacy laws in the different jurisdictions in which it operates. The Company uses user information to enable them to make the most of the Services offered, for example for the following purposes:
- simplifying bookings
- measuring interest in the Services offered and improving them
- informing users about special offers, prize draws, contests and services deemed of interest by the Company, affiliates and partners
- communicating with users
- allowing communication between travelers and operators of travel experiences published through the Company
- publishing reviews, ratings, photos, videos and other content
- personalizing user experience as well as advertising displayed on the Services offered and on Internet
- deducing user interests and preferences
- providing an optimized experience and grouping users of Services based on usage patterns or demographic data
- sending surveys or market research invitations
- responding to questions or comments
- resolving disputes or problems
- preventing potentially illegal or unauthorized activities
3. Sharing of information
In order to provide certain Services, the Company reserves the right to share information with certain third parties, including group companies, under the following circumstances:
- Group of companies. The Company shares user information with its own group companies in order to provide relevant information about travel and other products and services. They will comply with this Policy and all applicable laws governing promotional communications transmission.
- Experience providers. The Company shares user information with travel experience providers in order to facilitate processing of bookings made through the Services offered.
- Service providers. The Company shares user information with certain service providers employed to facilitate delivery of the Services offered, including transactions.
- Business partners. Information about users, devices and use of the Services offered may be shared with reliable business partners. For example, information may be shared to provide relevant content or facilitate payment for a booking. Such sharing is generally subject to written agreements that include confidentiality obligations, protection and security; however, the Company cannot control privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Social media sites. When using the Company’s Services and choosing to share information with third-party social media sites, shared information will be governed by data protection policies on such social media sites as well as privacy settings set on such social media websites.*Advertising networks.Interest-related data is sometimes collected and shared with advertising networks.Other third parties,such as referral sites.Third parties may also assist the company in collecting data by managing site features or facilitating online personalized advertising based on users’ interests.The company reserves its right to share audience segments and other data points with third-parties who use such data for targeted advertising.
Third parties are authorized only collect or access necessary informations required for authorized functions.
Some versions of Device operating system allow disabling certain types of sharing informations including some ad networks.To limit monitoring like this check device settings.
4. Information preferences
It is possible to express your preferences regarding the collection and use of information.
- You can choose not to provide the Company with your personal data, although this is necessary to take advantage of some features offered on the website.
- You can request not to collect geolocation information, but disabling location sharing may affect some features of the Services offered.
- You can add or update information and close your account. In case of closure, the account will be deactivated by the Company and your profile information will be removed. The Company reserves the right to retain some user account-related information (including past transactions) for internal purposes, including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations and legal compliance for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this Policy.
- An option will be available to unsubscribe from promotional messages, including emails with travel-related opportunities in every promotional message sent by the Company.